The debut ''Barathrum V.I.T.R.I.O.L'' by the Texans ABSU dates back to 1993. ABSU crosses the middle line of Black Metal here for the first time with this 7 tracks. Their production isn't as raw as that of the DARKTHRONE world, but neither is it as polished as more recent IMMORTAL releases. So could never really classify the Americans in a certain genre. In contrast to the later works, especially to ''Tara'', it´s far less Thrash Metal inside and offers a good half hour of occult extreme metal of excellent quality. For Black Metal in the old Norwegian sense the guitars are too deep and the drums too heavy, for Death Metal in the typical Florida style the voice is consistently too high and the partially used synths are unsuitable. All of this makes ''Barathrum V.I.T.R.I.O.L'' to a quite independent publication. As it turned out later, not the last one. Here the 2020´s Edition on 180g black vinyl, limited to 200 copies, with A2 Poster in 350g carton gatefold cover. Attention: The LP is total new and never played,but the cover has an very small dent from supplier shipping.
1. An Involution of Thorns 03:08
2. Descent to Acheron (Evolving into the Progression of Woe) 04:33
3. An Equinox of Fathomless Disheartenment 03:13
4. The Thrice Is Greatest to Ninnigal 05:00
5. Infinite and Profane Thrones 06:20
6. Fantasizing to the Third of the Pagan Vision (Quoth the Sky, Nevermore) Act II 05:27
7. An Evolution of Horns 03:09